Sunday 21 September 2008

Go Straight

I've come a long way since shitting myself in the first week. Living in Japan has certainly been a positive experience up to this point, one that has continued to grow into something very special. So much so that it would be impossible to sum up what has happened in these 7 or 8 weeks. It was always my intention to start a blog (like many JETs) in order to keep track of what's going on and have something in writing to reflect on. Time has moved so quickly that I haven't been able to keep track of events or have time to reflect with a blog.

I had another problem with starting a blog - someone has noted that my writing now seems to come from a completely different person that lacks the resentment and bitterness to write hilarious things.
I didn't want a vacuous generic blog, the blog must be of some comedy value and not just a bunch of self-gratifying rubbish. Obviously the price of happiness is losing comical bitterness and without that I didn't want to write. As a result this blog may not only be record of events but also an attempt to recover some semblance of comedy. As the first stage of culture shock begins to settle down it's possible that that recovery could happen quite soon, as I begin a rapid descent into madness.

No comments: