Tuesday 7 February 2012

Mosquito

It was November and there were mosquitoes invading my apartment every night. Every morning the wife and I would wake up with mosquito bites on our arms and legs and hopefully no malaria. Anyway it was about 6:00pm and we were just about to leave for okonomiyaki and I was lying on the bed and I heard a mosquito flying around. Using my ears I tracked it to a shelf and killed it with a paper CD case. I was glorious because the inside of a bookshelf is a difficult place in which to swat a mosquito, but I did. The mosquito was full of blood.

We ate okonomiyaki at Doh-ton-bori and it was good, as usual. After eating I was waiting at the register behind a man. As the man walked away, a woman emerged from around a corner left and walked straight to the register even though she definitely saw that I was already waiting. I stomped to the register and put my wallet on it and looked back and forth between the waiter and the harpy with a shocked, accusatory face. I was truly appalled at this woman trying to jump ahead of me. Plus, her attempt at the crime made no sense, I was the only other person there and I clearly saw her coming. She backed off and her husband appeared from around the corner and he looked as you would expect, like a pleb. I triumphantly paid for my meal.

Upon returning home I killed another mosquito. It was on the ceiling and I killed it with a rolled up Japanese textbook.

No comments: