Tuesday 7 June 2011

Hay Fever

One of the women came to my desk and showed me my choice of pictures for the yearbook. Option 1 was me sitting slightly at an angle with a goofy smile and slouching and eyeballs bright red from hay fever. Option 2 was me sitting straight on with a goofy smile and not slouching and eyeballs bright red from hay fever. I said both of them and the woman said I looked cool in both. Anxiety descended and I wondered how many others had lied when they called me cool. I chose the picture in which I wasn't slouching because that was the only positive. 

At a flower shop with Chie I was filled with a nameless dread and felt certain that my hay fever would reach fatal levels so I put on my sunglasses hoping they would offer some kind of protection. I brushed an insect off my arm and later a bite mark formed and I wished I'd killed the insect. The roof of my mouth was itchy and I scratched it and surprisingly that helped but sticking my hand in my mouth didn't look good so I didn't do it again. I massaged the roof of my mouth with my tongue instead but this maybe made things worse and 'Flower Shop' was added to my list of places to which I will never go again.

No comments: