Thursday 23 June 2011

Thursday

Teachers are coming into the staffroom now because fifth period finished. The noise doesn't make me less sleepy.

Filling up my water bottle with radioactive water and drinking it woke me a little but it won't last. Some kid wrote "I'm a peace a pacifist." How do you correct that? Bell just rang for sixth period. I think any chair can be a comfy chair if you feel sleepy enough. I don't know what time is. 

Why are all the windows closed? They aren't closed. Oh god it's hot. I'm half way through the pile of work that I'm marking. Get up to drink something. Maybe take my pants off in the toilet to get some air... Success. 

When I'm marking work I always flash back to that time in religious education when we watched a video about something and we had to write a report about it. I forgot the main character's name so I just wrote "She..." for the entire thing. My teacher wrote "Who is she?" at the bottom of my work and underneath that I wrote "I don't know." I still to this day think that's the funniest thing I ever did in school. I smile just thinking about it. It was also the most rebellious thing I ever did. 

My fourth toe on my right foot is itching and it's probably athletes foot. This chair is too low and I don't know how to adjust it. I still can't write lower case F properly. After 25 years. 

 A horrible noise just stopped. How long has that noise been going on? All day ? Have I tuned into it? I didn't realise it was there. I could have been annoyed at it. Missed opportunity. 

Some teachers know that I can be really good and some teachers haven't really seen me at my best. That's my own fault. I can't wait around for my moment. When you are alphabetising the four Internet bookmarks on your phone, it's time to go home.

No comments: